- Keeping Your Home and Your Floorcoverings Environmentally Friendly: (Source: Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI))
The most important elements in maintaining good air quality in a home are to remove dust and soil often from all surfaces and maintain a well functioning heat and air system with effective, clean filters.
Regular carpet and rug maintenance is essential to preserve your floorcovering's appearance and to maintain good air quality.
Vacuum regularly (weekly) with a vacuum that has adjustable brushes. Have your carpet extraction-cleaned and area rugs washed professionally on a regular schedule, before soiling appears, or at least every twelve to eighteen months.
- We clean your Oriental rugs, area rugs, and carpeting. Atiyeh Bros. is an Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Firm.
- We clean all residential carpet with "Planet Guard", a product both "Green Seal Certified" and "CRI" certified.
- 90% of all commercial carpeting we clean is with a procedure that significantly reduces chemical and water usage and promotes fast drying for a healthier indoor environment.
- Where appropriate, we clean commercial carpet with "BioKlene", a green product with only trace volatile organic compounds (VOC) and is 100% bio-degradable.
- We provide appropriate disposal of all waste water and chemicals.
- We have installed energy efficient lights and ballasts in our facilities.
- We are the exclusive carpet maintenance contractor for a "LEED Certified" Class A office building in downtown Portland.
- Since 1900, Atiyeh Bros. has sold only Oriental rugs which are made from 100% natural fibers such as wool. Wool fiber is a renewable resource and is biodegradable.
- We specialize in wool wall-to-wall carpeting and have one of the largest showroom selections of natural fiber carpeting.
- Carpeting from our mill suppliers is tested with the Carpet & Rug Institute's Indoor Air Quality Program and meet the low VOC emission criteria.
- Several Karastan residential carpet styles are made with DuPont Sorona renewably sourced polymer which is produced with 60% less greenhouse gases than Nylon 6.
- We offer a recycled wool carpet pad.
- Recycle Paper and cardboard products.
- Carefully designed routing programs for the efficient use of vehicles.
- GPS monitoring for the efficient use of vehicles.
- All offices and facilities are smoke free.